Information regarding City elections can be obtained from the City Clerk’s office at 595 Silver Lace Blvd or by calling (775) 784-9830. Additional election information is available at the Nevada Secretary of State Election Center website or at the Lyon County Clerk’s office.
You can register to vote online at the Nevada Secretary of State Election Center! Voter Registration forms are available in the City Clerk's Office, the Fernley Justice Court, Department of Motor Vehicles Offices, or the Lyon County Clerk / Treasurer's Office in Yerington. Registration forms can be completed and dropped off at the City Clerk's Office in Fernley or mailed to:
Lyon County Clerk Treasurer
27 S. Main St.
Yerington, NV 89447
To register to vote in Lyon County a person must meet the following requirements:
- Actually, physically, and legally reside in Lyon County
- Be a United States citizen
- Have attained the age of 18 years old by election day
- Provide official identification as proof of residence and identity, such as a driver’s license or other official document
- Provide social security number, Nevada driver’s license number, or Nevada identification card number
Any person who has been convicted of a felony and has not had their civil rights restored, or has been legally declared as insane or mentally incompetent, is not entitled to register to vote.
For further information, please contact the City Clerk's Office by calling 775.784.9830.