The City of Fernley is committed to honest budgeting, responsible spending, and financial transparency.
The City of Fernley has partnered with OpenGov to provide residents and stakeholders with the Financial Transparency Portal. The portal is designed to bring visibility, openness, and accountability to our operations. This site provides you the opportunity to view, filter, and analyze revenue, expense, and balance sheet financial data for the City of Fernley. You can even download the data (i.e. in Excel) for offline analysis.
Visit the Financial Transparency portal at https://fernleynv.opengov.com/ or click the OpenGov icon below.
- OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface.
- You'll notice the Report Title you are viewing in the top left corner.
- Select Filter to display key menus.
- You can use the Show drop-down to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- Use the Broken Down By drop-down to specify the category by which you would like to organize the data in your chart or graph.
- Select the Filtered By option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you to select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart.
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data:
- A stacked graph to visualize overall trends over time.
- A line graph overlaying each trend over time
- A pie chart to view percentage breakdowns by year.
- A stacked percentage graph to see percentage changes over time.
- A bar graph comparing trends and percentage breakdowns over time.
- Below any chart or graph, you can view a Data Table detailing the financial information in the visualization above.
- Use the Help drop-down in the top right corner to:
- View a short How-To Guide with tips on navigating the platform.
- Recall the Welcome Screen.
- View a short Budget 101 primer with basic information on multi-fund accounting.
- Contact the administrators of the account.
- Use the Share drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Share you customized graph or chart through social media.
- Send a link to your customized graph or chart through email.
- Use the Download drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Download an image of the graph or table as a .png file.
- Download a spreadsheet as a .csv file.
- What is OpenGov?
- How do I select the data I want to see?
- Can I select more than fund or departments?
- How do I see the actual numbers within the graph?
- Can I see the data in a different graph?
- Why are these sometimes spikes in one year?
- Can I save the data I am looking at?
- How do I learn more about government accounting?
- How do I contact the/my organziation?