I. Purpose of Request
The City of Fernley, Nevada is requesting proposals from qualified lobbyist consulting firms to provide government relations and lobbying services to build relationships with state elected and appointed officials, advance City of Fernley legislative priorities, and provide political communication and coalition support.
II. Scope of Service
Support services for political advocacy, regulatory affairs, lobbying, and analysis of legislation impacting the City of Fernley. All services will be provided at the direction of the City of Fernley.
- A bi-weekly summary of meetings and topics that occur during legislative session.
- A monthly summary outside of the legislative session on Fernley issues addressed.
- A Workshop and a summary report at the close of the legislative session on how the City of Fernley is impacted by new legislation.
III. Materials to Submit and Contact Information
Interested firms must respond to this request by submitting a sealed copy of their proposal on or before September 24, 2021 by 4 p.m. to City of Fernley, City Manager's Office, 595 Silver Lace Blvd., Fernley, NV 89408.
IV. Proposal Cost and Disposition
Submittal of a proposal does not create any right or expectation to a Contract with the City of Fernley. The proposer is responsible for all costs associated with response to this request.
All materials submitted in response to this request shall become the property of the City of Fernley upon delivery.
V. Required content:
• Introduction, with size of firm and staff. Indicate the principal, company officials and other personnel who will be assigned to work in behalf of City of Fernley.
• Qualifications and experience with lobbying and government relations, experience with rural Nevada, small city related issues, and communication and big picture political strategy.
• Provide a detailed fee summary with total annual not-to-exceed cost. The City of Fernley prefers compensation structures that are a flat retainer rate on a monthly payment schedule.
• Identify any potential conflicts of interest with other clients and how they expect to resolve those conflicts.
• Any required changes to the City of Fernley sample contract. Please email email@example.com or call 775-784-9858 for the sample contract.
VI. Evaluation and Review Process:
• The City of Fernley reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to waive any irregularities and informalities in proposals received.
• The City of Fernley reserves the right to request clarification and/or additional information from the firm during the evaluation process.
• The evaluation of proposals will be done by City personnel who will then forward a recommendation to City Council for approval.
VII. Expected Timeline
• August 25, 2021 Lobbyist RFP Published/Advertised
• September 2, 2021 Accepting proposals
• September 24, 2021 Proposals due to City of Fernley
• October 6, 2021 Recommendation to City Council to award